Sunday, March 11, 2012

My Proposed Action Research

    My action research topic is “Gender based participation in physical education”.  During my nine years of teaching at my school we have always had co-ed PE. My wonderings are: Does lack of participation come from being embarrassed around opposite gender?  Does self-esteem play a factor in participation of the student’s full potential? I feel there is a lack of participation between boys and girls due to the fact they are required to be in co-ed physical education at my current school. I feel separating them for a period of time will raise the student’s self-esteem, dress out rate and participation levels. There are a lot of activities we do that one gender or the other are intimidated by playing around the opposite sex. I also this will allow me the focus on gender based activities that the oppostie sex are not interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment